Townsville Ultimate Disc

Important Announcement

**************

*****************************

This blog is no longer being monitored or updated.
For all up-to-date news and announcements, please go to www.tsv-ultimate.com.

*****************************

**************


.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New Segment: WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE DISC AND WHY? OR IS IT JUST REALLY PRETTY...Plus Why are Ultimate Players so sentimental?

Do you have a favourite disc from making it to your highest representation in frisbee, a meaningful swap with someone from another country, that once in a lifetime crazy tournament overseas that you wish you could afford to go to again next year. Discs are given out at most larger tournaments and feature unique designs relating to the specific tournament, they're made for fundraising for a team going away, or for representing a team or club, but usually just to throw and play ultimate with. Discs can be a strong reminder to people of different great occasions in their Ultimate existences. For a lot of people most of these discs don't make it onto the field. So it would be great if some people would be willing to share theirs!!!

I'm not sure how I'm gonna get this to work. Please be kind enough to email in a photo of a disc that you have. Anyone else who's keen can email us at townsvilleultimate at gmail dot com. If only Notty from Brisbane would email, she has like practically a million or someone else who used to be in Townsville like let's say Megan!

This month I think I will start with Zane, who's going to be writing on this blog soon to see what he's got, and what he can say about it and frisbee in general. We'll start with an excerpt of prayer adapted by Tim:


"This is my Disc. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My Disc is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my Disc is useless. Without my Disc, I am useless. I must flick my Disc true. I must throw straighter than my enemy, who is trying to DEE me. I must DEE him before he DEE's me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my Disc and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen."

Take it away Zane!

ZANE's Story:
Zane said...

My favourite disc like most of the discs I have owned was either given away or on the scape heap. This disc was my first disc in Townsville which was bent out of shape and cut to pieces thanks mostly to the Cathedral Frisbee players Troy, Nathan and Denyer and our disc golf course designed at the Cathedral School. It was probably the most fun I have had playing disc with inavative throws including Troy Booths super rollers. My second favourite disc belonged to a girl called Anna who had a favourite disc which she had gotten from her first tournamnet many years ago. She made the mistake of using it on the disc golf course. It went into the lagoon which I gentlemanly offered to get out with the help of a large piece of wood. I placed the wood on the disc and heard an onimous sound. I pull the wood up which had her disc attached due to the large nail in the end. Her favourite disc now had a big hole in it :)

1 comment:

  1. My favourite disc like most of the discs I have owned was either given away or on the scape heap. This disc was my first disc in Townsville which was bent out of shape and cut to pieces thanks mostly to the Cathedral Frisbee players Troy, Nathan and Denyer and our disc golf course designed at the Cathedral School. It was probably the most fun I have had playing disc with inavative throws including Troy Booths super rollers. My second favourite disc belonged to a girl called Anna who had a favourite disc which she had gotten from her first tournamnet many years ago. She made the mistake of using it on the disc golf course. It went into the lagoon which I gentlemanly offered to get out with the help of a large piece of wood. I placed the wood on the disc and heard an onimous sound. I pull the wood up which had her disc attached due to the large nail in the end. Her favourite disc now had a big hole in it :)

    ReplyDelete