Townsville Ultimate Disc

Important Announcement

**************

*****************************

This blog is no longer being monitored or updated.
For all up-to-date news and announcements, please go to www.tsv-ultimate.com.

*****************************

**************


.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday Funday!

It was a dark, ominous, and mysterious time. Many had wandered blindly into the abyss of school, work, and trivial parts of their life, and it could be said that they were looking for an escape. There was the afternoon beer, wine, spirit, and even Australian moonshine available to certain students, but the void seemed to be growing with every slight sip and every glance towards the hills of Mt. Stuart. As the times seemed darker and the hours longer, the Gods of Frisbee proclaimed this day a sacred day.

"LET THERE BE FRISBEE", they said.

And so it came to be. Every Sunday from now on, Ultimate would be played at the sacred AFL fields at 3:30pm. Allegiance may be given to God, Allah, Buddha (although I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you took the day off), and John Smith on a Sunday. But second in your mind should be the idea of honouring the ancestors of this great sport with a well rounded game, awesome friends, and an occasional brew. Drinking with friends is always better than by yourself.

Sooner or later the Wednesday games will become more competitive, more entertaining, and more exciting. Sooner or later, Wednesday will not be enough. So I invite all of you amazing friends from lands all over the world to come and participate in Sunday games/practice sessions at the stomping grounds of JCU Ultimate Frisbee.

The great French author, Albert Camus once said:
"Life is the sum of all your choices."

If that is the case, why not make a great choice in coming to a Sunday session? School matters, priorities are important, and managing your time is a skill most have a hard time achieving. But a couple hours out of your day to rejoice in friendship and positive energy is just what the body and the heart needs.

This coming Wednesday I will be asking and looking for the following from your captains:
1.) Outstanding performances from each player
2.) Examples of altruism and good will to all players
3.) The biggest smiles in the history of smiling

All will be incorporated in next week's review. I want to hear some funny stories. I want to hear new nicknames from your team captains, inside jokes, and all around great memories. The more I hear, the more I write. And that way you can remember them forever. My written words will make you immortal and will do their best to make sure that you never forget your semester abroad. I write because I want you to never forget life in Australia.

Act out, go crazy, smile. I will be when I see you. Enjoy Sundays because Monday is around the corner, and I for one can't stand them lol.

See ya out there Champs!
The Man with the Dragon Tattoo

5 comments:

  1. For all those blissfully unaware, this boy/man (unconfirmed)aka "The Man with the Dragon Tattoo", is a Sandwich Artist at Subway. His wisdom comes from much time spent serving those in need, with a delicious sub and optional cookie on the side. So even if you find it cumbersome at the best of times to read his gobbledigook posts, please support him in his offside endeavours by buying a sub, and maybe a cookie too. Peace out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mitch,
    Glad to see you are getting into the blogging so keenly and thats definately rubbing off on our members new and old,
    Well done Mate, cya on Wednesday night or sooner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog good sir, great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Observer,
    You are free to enjoy my service at anytime. It's not what you do, but how you do it that defines you. Free subway helps with groceries. I consider it "winning"

    ReplyDelete
  5. My most funday ever was when I saw Rolo for the first time. I was amazed at how athletic he was, how sturdy his shoulders, how stubbled his chin.

    If you are smart you will start blogging more about Rolo and less about this frosbee business

    ReplyDelete