Townsville Ultimate Disc

Important Announcement

**************

*****************************

This blog is no longer being monitored or updated.
For all up-to-date news and announcements, please go to www.tsv-ultimate.com.

*****************************

**************


.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

To hell with saving Princess Peach. I'm going to the Pub Crawl!


And so ends another glorious event in which total strangers became ultimate friends.  From sea to shining sea; from the edges of abysmal captivity of one’s mundane lifestyle; from the lonesome depths of a university lecture room, 100+ patrons donned their creative costumes in epic fashion.  For some members, this seemed just like another date on the calendar from which we all try and out do ourselves with over the top costumes and frightful shenanigans.  Gone were the days of simple costume purchasing, and away were the moments of last minute changes to old clothing we didn’t mind to damage.  On this hallowed day we went the extra mile.  On this day, we strived for the absolute best.  We chose to showcase this awesomeness with our mates in what can only be described as the best showing of teamwork I have ever seen.

For the newbies (and we always love them), this was a glimpse into the greatness that you have joined.  I can’t sit here and rewrite about how much you will enjoy your final months in Australia.   I can’t sit here and discuss the magnitude of how much you will enjoy life as a Frisbee player.  You can read through the blog to pub-crawl posts that have come and gone.  They speak for themselves.  What I can give for you is the same quality of story telling that is only reserved for camping fires and near death experiences; and I have had my share of those let me tell you.  Your stories of this night will be immortalized so that you may look upon them when you are back in America (F*** Yeah), Canada, Netherlands, Germany, France….South Africa?  Do we have any of them in the league this year?  Regardless, here for your entertainment, are the best stories from the nights you will always remember.

Now I can’t focus on what happened at the Uni Club because myself and the other ninjas were fixing some costume malfunctions and basically took a cab just to meet you on a bus that was heading to a bar we could have walked too.  I blame the Germans we came with only because we spent the last 40 minutes raging to German techno (Hort ihr die Signale!).  The second I jumped on that bus I was in awe of the plethora of imagination in front of me.  I knew Air David and the rest were pulling out all the stops and I desperately wanted to out do him.  I guess that’s what we get for being legends of the crawls.  I wasn’t in the bus that fitted more of a manlier match of strength than a pokemon battle.  The two Ash’s were deadlocked in a battle of forearm to wrist strength that really proves who needs a girlfriend more.  Lucky little Godfrey “came” out on top in both this match and the imposter drink off.

FYI, that stunt nearly got them kicked off and I know it’s not the worst thing we have all done on a bus.  I believe last crawl we had Larson and Ashley straddling each other while holding onto the railings.  Puking on the bus before stop #1 is also not good for business.

There was a variety of drink offs that put Mario’s, Luigi’s, and Kitanas to the test.  With regards to the last one I must say you really didn’t have a shot.  Dee, we love you, but nobody beats “SL”AMBER in a drink off.  She’s too legit to quit.  I was waiting for the drink off between the Mario Kart crew and the Mortal Kombat ninjas but I guess we got too far-gone before that could happen.
From then on we all made our way to the Avenue Tavern where shots had been ordered.  They might as well have given me a shot of watermelon juice because that’s what it tasted like.  Did those cheap bastards even put alcohol in them or was I taking a shot of some feminine “sour puss”.   This ninja doesn’t go down for sour; in every aspect of life (BAZINGA).    Make sure you remind Pia Boehm that her straw drinking skills were “humming” to the tune of a lustful nature.

The music was great throughout the night and the times heading towards town just got messier and more nymphomaniacal.  It’s a word, look it up and don’t question the English teacher.  I took many videos from when we arrived at Consortium.  I love to see the confused look on those whose job is so routine that a mere slash in their day proves tiresome as well as quixotic.  My case in point comes from when the door girl wanted to stamp me and the other ninjas with their mark but couldn’t due to our epic planning of costume accuracy.  Soccer shin pads allowed us to get a consortium tattoo on the bicep for the night.     

Timmy’s costume just freaked out every girl who wasn’t on the crawl.  Even now when I watch the videos I can see Rob Zombie making a hit musical with Timmy as the lead. 

Strap on your earmuffs and seizure like a boss, because all the skrillex (skrillix?) music in the world couldn’t keep us from pushing the boundaries of our wallets and our dancing spirit.  We entered that place with the will to take over, and by god we did.

Why stop there when we all know a pub-crawl gets a bit vivacious after 3am.   So we headed down to beach with our trusty leaders and wicked costumes and dove into the waters of the Corel Sea with barely anything on.  A big thank you goes to the homeless dude for making our night creepier than Timmy’s costume.  And don’t forget to thank him with a punch in the nuts for hiding the clothes of the honourable skinny dippers playing chicken wrestling (must be an American thing).

I’m surprised some people’s costumes were still in place after.  What’s even more surprising was the fact that your fearless crawl leader (Timmy) actually managed to make it home without passing out on another person’s front lawn; or face down in a park; or knee deep in a bush (Finny); or barely alive from his chiropractic dance moves.  Thanks to the girl who took him home.  We all know he needs a helping hand (or two) when succumbing to the aftermath of his crawl organizational skills.

Great move on the shirt disposal as well Tim.  I’m sure that Ute driver received a nice WTF moment when he woke up.

I hope you pushed yourself to the best of your drinking potential and I wish you all the best this semester.  Make every moment count and remember that Australia will always be here when you want to return.

Happy hunting!

The Man with the Dragon Tattoo

1 comment:

  1. Just desire to say your article is as surprising. The clarity in your post is simply excellent and i could assume you’re an expert on this subject.

    ReplyDelete